1. Visa processing time will be a few days once the embassy has received the visa application forms with completed documents and visa fees. If the applicant pays the visa fees by Bank transaction, the Bank transfer date, Amount and sender name or the receipts from Bank should be attached with visa application form.
2. All visas are (3) months valid from the date of issue. In this connection, visa applicants are requested to kindly check their actual travel date and expected date of arrival in Myanmar before applying.
3. All necessary documents attached to visa application must be completed as described as in the Embassy official website. If completed, visa may be issued at once. If not completed, it is not responsible for visa authority. Only responsible of the applicants.
4. Kindly suggest to check thoroughly visa fees before you transfer to apply the visa. Visa fees transferred by Bank is not refundable after 1 month period.
5. For the information and questions for Visa, call the Embassy between 15:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs.
6. The Embassy will not take any responsible for the applicants who did not provide completed information and documents for visa application.
7. Highly recommend to mention the contact no. and email address of the applicants in the visa application form.
Time for acceptance of visa application is 10:00 to 12:00 from Monday to Friday.
Time for visa collecting is 13:00 to 14:00
Due to the high demand of visa applications, the Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar wishes to give the good service to the clients. Therefore, clients are requested to contact the following email and phone numbers, if there is any question for visa:
Phone for English and Myanmar languages:
For only German Language:
Application Forms are obtainable at the visa counter free of charge.Forms can also be downloaded from our web site
Children require a separate visa even if travelling on their parent's passport.
Tourist Visa - 25 €
All Tourists have to apply for Tourist Visa in advance.
Tourists visas are valid for 3 months.
Period of stay in Myanmar is restricted to 4 weeks from date of arrival.
Tourists may only stay in hotels and guesthouses during their visit in Myanmar. Please find the application form and further information about Tourist Visa here:
Business Visa- 35 € (single entry), 80 €/160 € (multiple entry)
Generally following types of Business Visa services is provided by the Embassy:
Business Visa (Single Entry) -Valid for 3 months -Period of stay in Myanmar restricted to ten weeks from date of arrival. It can be extended.
Business Visa (Multiple Entry Visa ) - there are two types of multiple entry vsa, one valid for 6 month and one valid for 12 month. Multiple Entry Visa is considered on a case by case basis. -Period of stay in Myanmar restricted to 10 weeks from date of arrival. It can be extended.
Please download the application form and further information about Business Visa here:
Social Visit Visa - 35 €
Persons who travel for social purpose to Myanmar should apply Social Visit Visa.
Social Visit Visas are valid for 1 month.Period of stay in Myanmar is restricted to 4 weeks maximum from date of arrival. It can be extended.
Please download the application form and further information about social visa here:
Meditation Visa - 35 €
Persons who travel to Myanmar in order to study Theravada Buddhism at a meditation centre should apply for Meditation Visa.
To issue Meditation Visa it is necessary to get prior permission from the authorities concerned. It may take some time for the permission to come through. Thus, it is advisable to apply for the visa at least 2 months prior to the date of departure to Yangon. It can be extended in Yangon with endorsment from the Meditation Centre. For extension additional visa fees will be collected.
Entry Visa - 35 €
Entry Visa is considered on a case by case basis. For application please use the same application form as for Business Visa.
NEW: Visa on Arrival
It is a pleasure to announce that a limited form of Visa on Arrival is available for citizens of a limited number of countries to entry Myanmar.
Visa on Arrival will commence on 1st June 2012. The following three categories of Visa on arrival are available:
Types of Visa Visa fee [US$] Duration of stay
1. Transit Visa 20.00 24 hours
2. Business Visa 50.00 70 days
The applicant shall apply for Visa On Arrival at Airport Immigration Section at Yangon International Airport obtaining the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the following website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population. You also may download the Visa on arrival forms here:
For the moment, Visa on Arrival is available for citizens of the following 26 countries:
Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, and Vietnam.
Required terms and conditions, applications forms, and details of Visa on Arrival, are available here
or on the following Website: http://www.mip.gov.mm/visaonarrival/
NOTE: Visa on Arrival is NOT for tourists, for the moment!
Information for Myanmar citizens
Passport renewal fees for Myanmar Citizens is 20 Euro starting from 1.2.2014
please download here